Excursion Suggestions Within Easy Driving Distances:
- Rideau Canal Boat Tours from Portland.
- A 100 km or 60 mile drive will take you to the Nation's Capital-OTTAWA-visit the Parliament Buildings, changing of the Guard and National Museums.
- Boat tours of the 1000 Islands available from Kingston or Ganannoque on the Saint Lawrence River.
- Old Fort Henry and its Museum make the short trip to Kingston worthwhile.
- Golf courses and riding stables nearby.
- Shops and restaurants of nearby Westport.
- Visit the Upper Rideau Canada Village at Morrisburg.
- Numerors lakes and rivers for the canoeist and angler.
- Smith Falls-Rideau Waterway System, Museums, Hershey factory.
- Picnic, swim, walk & enjoy nature.
- Sailing & boating on the Rideau Waterway system.